By placing a booking with Squirrel Lodge you (the lead guest) and your booking party (guests) agree to the following terms and conditions:
- During your stay you agree to abide by the subsequent conditions as set-out. If you have any questions or queries about booking with us, please contact us before making a booking.
- To secure any booking we require a non-refundable deposit to be paid in advance, this deposit amount required is the total cost of one nights’ stay. Any booking made less than 30 days before arrival the full amount of the booking is required.
- To place a booking with us the lead guest must be at least 16 years’ of age.
- The maximum number of staying guests per room is illustrated in the room occupancy details on the website.
- Where the person making the booking is different to the lead guest taking up the occupation, the person making the booking may be held responsible for cancellation, non-arrival and damages as set-out within.
- Only the lead guest and the named booking party are allowed to use the property and its facilities. Any third party visitors are only allowed access at our express permission.
- Deposit payments must be ‘cleared funds’ before a booking can be confirmed. Deposits are only refundable under the conditions set-out here within.
- Payments can be made online / over the phone using debit / credit card as well as by digital bank transfer, cheque or cash deposit. Any charges raised against us by our banks for handling dishonoured cheques, bank transfers or any other payments, must be reimbursed by the lead guest within seven (7) days of any request to do so.
- All guests agree to respect the privacy and peace of all other staying guests, neighbours and the owners at all times. We reserve the right to cancel a booking with immediate effect, without refund if guests are not honouring this agreement or causing a disturbance / nuisance to other guests, neighbours or the owners.
Check-in & Check-out
Guests must check-in and check-out by the times stated below;
- Check-in by: 16:00pm and before 19:00pm on day of arrival
- Check-out by: 10:00am on day of departure
Cancellation & Non-Arrival Conditions
- This is the legal bit which is always difficult to write down without sounding draconian. However, the reality is that plans do sometimes change and our aim is to provide clarity about how we deal with cancellations.
- For any cancellation (including family illness, bad weather, petrol strikes etc), you are liable for the cost of the first night’s stay. For cancellations made within 30 days of the date of arrival or by failing to take up the booking without cancelling, regretfully you are liable for the total value of the booking. For this reason, you may wish to take out Holiday / cancellation insurance, which is inexpensive and can be obtained from any good broker.
- Having said all that, we will make the utmost effort to re-let the room(s), but there are times when it will not be possible to do so, especially if cancelled at short notice. If we are successful, then the cancellation charges over and above the value of the first night’s stay will be reduced accordingly. Any cancellation payments which become due would be charged to the debit/credit card provided at the time the booking was made.
Wi-Fi Fair & Appropriate Usage Policy
- Where Wi-Fi Internet access is provided, guests accept to use this access to the Internet fairly and appropriately. We may monitor network performance and user usage in order to maintain a fair and high level of service to all our guests.
- The Internet access provided is intended for general use such as access to the World Wide Web, email, messaging, social media, light video / music / media streaming. It is not intended or ideally suited for heavy media streaming, online gaming, extensive downloads / uploads. Access to illegal activity or use of our network for illegal activity is not prohibited and will be reported to local authorities.
Damages & Lost Property
- We reserve the right to charge the lead guest for any damages caused through the course of a booking by any member of the booking party. This includes breakages, spillages, stains, damage to furniture or fixtures and fittings. Any accidental damages should be reported as soon as possible in order to minimise damage and associated costs.
- Lost keys will incur a replacement charge per key lost.
- Any lost property, if discovered and found, left behind by guests during a stay will be held for a period of 1 month. While we will make our best efforts to reunite lost property with their owners we accept no responsibility in replacing lost items and encourage guests to ensure they have all their belongings before checking-out. We may offer to post lost items via recorded delivery at the cost of the property owner, otherwise collection can be arranged.
Smoking of any tobacco products including, but not limited to cigarettes, E-Cigs, pipes, cigars, snuff or chewing tobacco, are not permitted in any part of our guest house. Anybody smoking in a room will be charged an extra two nights’ stay
Children at Squirrel Lodge
Children of all ages are welcome. Children under 12 are charged at £33 per person, whilst children over the age of 12 are charged at normal adult pricing – so please include them in your booking as adults.
Pets & Service Dogs
Please view our doggy rules section here
Free street parking is available around our guest house. Please park with consideration for others and please follow any restrictions in place. Guests park their vehicles at their own risk.
Your Personal Details & Privacy
We are required to keep a register of guests over the age of 16 who stay with us, this includes full names and nationality, and/or passport numbers, place of issue, details of next destination if they are non-British, Irish or Commonwealth guests. This is in accordance with the (Immigration (Hotel records) Order 1972). These records are kept for a minimum of 12 months and in accordance with the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) 2018
You accept that any entries you make to an on-site guest book, if available, will not contain personal information or details you would not want disclosed. Any entries containing personal details that may fall into the DPA and GDPR may be removed and destroyed.
Terms References & Further Information
- Health Act 2006
- Immigration (hotel records) Order 1972
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
Our Right To Cancellation
We reserve the right to cancel any booking without compensation, refund or reimbursement if the terms of these conditions are breached.